Piles, also referred to as hemorrhoids, are collections of swollen tissue in the anal canal. They contain elastic fibers, blood vessels, muscle, and support tissue. A lot of people have piles, but their symptoms aren’t always obvious. In the U.S., around 50% of people with piles notice the symptoms before the age of 50 years.
In the majority of cases, the symptoms of hemorrhoids are not complex, and usually resolve on their own within a few days. People with hemorrhoids may experience the symptoms given below:
- Pain during the passing of a stool
- Bright red blood following a bowel movement
- A hard, possibly painful lump may be felt around the anus that may contain coagulated blood. This type of piles is known as thrombosed external hemorrhoids.
- The area surrounding the anus is red, itchy, inflamed, and sore.
- A person with hemorrhoids may experience that the bowel is still full, even after a bowel movement.
In the case of severe hemorrhoids, a person may experience the following symptoms:
- A strangulated hemorrhoid, wherein the blood supply to the hemorrhoid is restricted, thereby resulting in complications, possibly an infection or a blood clot
- Excessive anal bleeding
- Fecal incontinence, which is the inability to control bowel movements
- Anal fistula, wherein a new channel is created between the surface of the skin near the anus and the inside of the anus
Hemorrhoids can be categorized into four grades:
- Grade I: In this grade, there are small inflammations typically on the inside of the anus that are not visible.
- Grade II: Grade II hemorrhoids are usually larger than the previous grade, but also remain inside the anus. They may get eliminated during the bowel movement, but will return unaided.
- Grade III: Also referred to as prolapsed hemorrhoids, the Grade III hemorrhoids appear outside the anus. A patient may feel them hanging from the rectum but it can be easily reinserted.
- Grade IV: These cannot be pushed back in and need treatment. These are visible and are larger in size.
Piles on the outside edge of the anus form small lumps and can be extremely itchy. Moreover, they can be painful if a blood clot develops, as it can restrict the flow of the blood. Thrombosed external piles, or hemorrhoids that have blood clots, require urgent medical attention.
Hemorrhoids can be caused by increased pressure in the lower rectum. This may result in the blood vessels around the anus and in the rectum to stretch more or even bulge, thereby resulting in piles. This may be caused by the following conditions:
- Chronic diarrhea
- Straining during a bowel movement
- Chronic constipation
- Lifting heavy weights
- Age can also be a factor when it comes to the development of piles
- In most cases, hemorrhoids resolve on their own without the need for any medication or surgical procedures. In any case, some treatments can help considerably lower the discomfort and pain that several people experience with hemorrhoids.
- Several medications are available to make the symptoms of hemorrhoids more manageable for a patient.
- The OTC medicines are available in a pharmacy or online. These medications include pads, painkillers, creams, and ointments that can help lower redness and swelling around the anus. OTC medications do not cure piles but can help manage the symptoms. Do not use them for over 7 days in a row, as they can cause further discomfort around the area and thinning of the skin. Moreover, do not use two or more medications simultaneously unless recommended by a specialist.
- Some of the common medications used are Corticosteroids that reduce inflammation and pain, and Laxatives, that helps pass stool more easily and reduce pressure on the lower colon. In the case of severe hemorrhoids, a person may be asked to undergo a surgical procedure.
Grocare’s Natural Ayurvedic Treatment for Treating Piles
Made with the goodness of the most potent medicinal plants and herbs like Semecarpus Anacardium, Restotab is the preferred ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of piles in India. The tablet has been designed in such a way that it normalizes the pressure in the blood vessels adjacent to the rectal area by feasibly lessening the congestion that can occur in the veins. When designing a formula, the focus is mainly given on the root of the problem and ways to alleviate the pain, making the product as safe as possible and making sure that the problem doesn't resurface.
The tablet was developed to help stabilize the body functions when piles and hemorrhoids develop. When the pressure on the intestine increases, it can lead to the development of constipation, ultimately resulting in hemorrhoids and fistulas. Grocare has formulated this product using powerful herbs that help heal vein ruptures, thereby helping stop the bleeding and reduce the pain associated with piles. The ingredients used in the product helps with inflammation, digestion, and stomach aches to help maintain a healthy gut.
These are the essential herbs that are included while formulating the product:
Amorphophallus Campanulatus: This herb is known for its digestive, expectorant, carminative, and liver stimulant properties. Amorphophallus Campanulatus assists in stabilizing the digestive system functions, thereby reducing the bloating and irregularities in the bowel functions. It helps in bosting an individual's appetite and taste. Besides, it can potentially prevent the occurrence of conditions such as piles, stomach ache, constipation, etc.
Semecarpus Anacardium: This bio herb is known for its appetizing and rejuvenating properties. Semecarpus Anacardium has been previously used in the treatment of internal infections, and to cure conditions of the digestive system such as diarrhea, intestinal worms, and hemorrhoids.
Plumbago Zeylanica: This important ayurvedic herb possesses anti-oxidant, anti-colic, anti-inflammatory, digestive, antiseptic, and carminative properties. Plumbago Zeylanica is one of the most potent herbs that can activate the mucus membrane of the digestive organs, which can further help ease gastrointestinal infections. Additionally, it has been historically used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Zingiber Officinale: Known for possessing an anti-nausea effect, Zingiber Officinale can be helpful in the treatment of upset stomachs and abdominal swelling. Also, it helps stabilize the digestive system functions and relieve colic pains.
Proper Usage of This Medicine:
This product works best if two tablets are taken two times daily after meals, or as prescribed by the healthcare professional or as indicated in applicable disease medication. Restotab is used in the treatment of several health conditions, muscle spasm, piles, alcohol withdrawal, short-term anxiety, stomach aches, inflammation, hemorrhoids, and indigestion.
Side-effects Associated With This Medicine:
If taken within the prescribed dosage, Restotab doesn't result in any known side-effects. The tablet can be ingested safely by patients with diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, and pregnant women. Restotab is not known to cause any harm or adverse effect in any of the above cases.